If you have slipped, tripped or fallen on commercial property such as in a supermarket, shop or restaurant and have suffered an injury you may be entitled to make an accident claim for compensation.
Most shops, supermarkets and other commercial organisations should have an accident or incident book to record any accidents which occur on premises. When it comes to making your claim it is helpful if this is noted in the incident book, therefore following an accident you should always make sure that this is the case. If the accident was not recorded and nor was it caught on CCTV, it may be difficult to establish that the injury happened in the said premises.
If you have been injured in an accident on commercial premises it will be of use to your case to think back and to try and remember whether any hazard warning signs were on display. For example if you have slipped on a wet floor in a supermarket, if there was a hazard sign clearly on display it may be reasonable to expect a person to take more care and not walk over the indicated area. However, if a sign was not on display or was placed in an ambiguous position you may still be able to make a successful accident claim.
It will also help you compensation case if you note the details of any witnesses to your accident. Such witnesses are indispensable when attempting to prove liability in such slip, trip and fall accident claims.
For help in making a claim for compensation after an accident on commercial property contact our experienced personal injury solicitors, whom after ascertaining the facts of the accident can advise you on whether or not your claim has a chance of success.


Written by