If you have been a victim of a crime and suffered a personal injury you may be entitled to make an accident claim for compensation as a result of any injuries sustained.  

An innocent victim of a crime of violence can make a personal injury claim to the government body the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) for compensation.

The CICA scheme has its own rules and they are applied strictly. Claims do take a long time to be dealt with and it is important to seek legal advice before submitting a compensation claim application and on dealing with the CICA decision.

Our personal injury lawyers often appeal successfully against decisions made by CICA on behalf of our clients. To find out whether we can help you wth a criminal injury claims that you may have contact us and speak to a member of our personal injury team.

Written by